The National Institute of Building Sciences is gearing up for the industry’s only conference for the entire building community to connect, collaborate, and design solutions for the built environment – and we are looking for speakers.
The 10th annual Building Innovation conference will take place September 26 – 28, 2022, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. We look forward to engaging the community in person to network and learn from industry professionals.
Based on a recent attendee survey, we are specifically looking for abstracts to cover the following topics:
- Building information modeling
- Digital twins
- Affordable housing
- Carbon neutral construction
- Net zero building design
- Climate change
- Building enclosure commissioning
- Cyber and data security
- Electric vehicles and robotics
Preparations now are underway for BI2022, and NIBS is reaching out to thought leaders, industry stakeholders and council members to present at the meeting.
Industry leaders with valuable insights, case studies, best practices, lessons learned and/or remaining challenges are encouraged to share their knowledge and experiences with a broad audience of building industry stakeholders by submitting an abstract for consideration no later than June 1, 2022.
- Approved abstracts should plan for presentations to run for 40 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes for Q&A OR for a full 50-60 minute session without Q&A.
- Speakers may submit an abstract for either an individual presentation or multi-person panel. If submitting for a multi-person panel, all panelists must be committed prior to abstract submission. Panels should not exceed 4 people and should represent the diversity of our industry, varied perspectives or industry viewpoints. NIBS reserves the right to organize panels, as needed.
- Submitting an abstract is a professional commitment. If the abstract is accepted, the speaker/panelists commit to attend the event. If the speaker/panelist is unable to attend the conference, it is incumbent upon him or her to find a substitute.
- Speaker/panelist commits to providing his or her own education and content on NIBS’ branded PowerPoint slides.
Via email, interested parties should submit the following:
- 200-word abstract
- 150-word biography for all intended session speakers
- Four learning objectives
- Five keywords describing their presentation
NIBS strongly recommends submitting a video of a recent speaking presentation.
Abstracts are due to Sarah Swango, Senior Director of Membership and Development, at email@example.com. For questions about submitting speaker abstracts for BI2022, please contact Sarah via email or call (202) 289-7800 x 127. Approved speakers/panelists will be notified on or about July 30, 2022.
Promotional presentations on products or services will not be considered.
If selected, speakers will need to submit a high-resolution headshot and final PowerPoint presentation by August 26, 2022. Speakers will receive complimentary conference registration to attend the day of their speaking event or a 50% discount on full registration.
Abstract and speaker information submission dates:
- March 16, 2022 – Call for abstracts open
- June 1, 2022 – Call for abstracts close
- July 30, 2022 – Approved speakers/panelists to be notified
- August 26, 2022 – Deadline for speakers to submit final Power Point presentation, and high resolution heads Shot(s), and biography
September 26 – 28, 2022 – Building Innovation Conference at the Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
NIBS is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We strongly believe in an environment built on respect and dignity. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to the strength of the built environment and building industry as a whole. Therefore, NIBS encourages all submissions to reflect these same values.